The Drafter / Designer position at Extract Production Services will utilize SolidWorks software to create 3D models, drawings, bill of materials and follow up on Parts & Assembly History of Changes using PDM Software which is part of SolidWorks. This position will also be responsible for generating technical documentation for the engineering team and customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives job packets from an Engineer and reviews entire packet to understand the requirements.
- Creates drawing using SolidWorks software, checking dimension of parts, materials, part numbers, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole assembly or project.
- Matches order data and quotation to the drawing and the bill of materials to verify accuracy.
- Cross checks work before release back to the Engineer.
- Makes any adjustments or changes to the CAD model as necessary.
- Interfaces with Account Management personnel as required to resolve questions or inconsistencies in job packets.
- Interfaces with shop personnel as required to resolve questions concerning manufacturing issues
- Performs other duties as required.
- Good listening skills and a passion to learn.
- High work ethic, dependability, and focus on details.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word
- Prior mechanical design experience. May include areas such as rotating machinery, structural design and welding processes, electrical/mechanical packaging, and wiring.
- Candidate will have a complete understanding of the creation and preparation of engineering design documentation.
- Candidate will have knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting, modeling, and design development/revision.
- Candidate will be able to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
- Candidate will have the ability to apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Preferably have experience with SolidWorks Simulations (CFD, Stress Analysis, etc.) and PDM software.
- Prior experience in some form of solid modeling CAD tool such as Autodesk Inventor or Pro/E is required.