We are currently seeking a Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Technician to join our team to ensure the safety and health of our employees and clients, protect the environment, and support our mission. The HSE Technician responsibilities include implementing and promoting the site HSE programs and policies, supporting a proactive safety environment and culture, as well as verifying that HSE programs are being effectively implemented across the organization. The HSE Technician is expected to be self-directed and able to take initiative to support the company and employees by providing proactive coaching/mentoring, and helping our organization achieve HSE success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively assists the organization with interpretation and implementation of HSE regulations, standards, and expectations.
- Regularly evaluates existing documentation and effectiveness of any program implementation.
- Fosters continuous improvement and effectiveness of safety programs by performing safety audits and job safety analysis (JSA’s) and recommending corrective actions.
- Manage client requests and maintain client’s contractor maintenance requirements with ISN, PEC, Avetta and Veriforce.
- Ensure compliance with timely reporting as required by state and OSHA health and safety regulations and statues.
- Maintain environmental regulations and policies to ensure compliance environmental reports and reporting including Storm water permits and SPCC.
- Lead site Safety Committee activities and coordinate Emergency Response Teams
- Conduct safety training including new employee safety orientation, and specific occupational health and safety topic training to individuals and groups.
- Respond to emergency situations, or respond to incidents or accidents, as appropriate.
- Lead incident investigations and reporting, including root cause analysis, development of corrective action strategies, maintaining statistical information, recommending program revisions as appropriate and creating routine reports to Leadership.
- Proactively coach/teach workforce in hazard identification and recognition of safety conditions and assist with risk reduction plans.
- Helps drive solution resolution of HSE activities and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and act as subject matter expert for Safety meetings.
- Inspect and maintain safety equipment, including fire extinguishers, safety showers/eye wash, first Aid kits and AED’s.
- Assist with maintaining web based chemical inventory list and Safety Data Sheets.
- Attend client meetings, industry conferences, and roundtable workgroups to keep abreast of industry and customer-standard and emerging policies and trend to maintain HSE compliance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates or undergraduate degree in EHS or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in OSHA HSE compliance support role in oil and gas production, manufacturing, construction, or related field required.
- SMS, CSP, LSP or OHST Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards as related to Oil Field services and manufacturing.
- Experience in ISN, PEC, Avetta and Veriforce.
- Experience with executing training programs.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up, and closure skills.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely and create a culture of safety.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Must be flexible around work schedule and have the ability for some regional travel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people at different levels within the organization.